HONDA Mongoose HDS
1. Description of MONGOOSE FOR HONDA
This product was designed to be affordable for CarPCs, the aftermarket, and automotive enthusiasts. It is a low-cost, high-performance vehicle network interface for Honda HDS. It connects a laptop directly to the Bus Network via the OBD-II connector.
2. MONGOOSE FOR HONDA Features
1) Lost cost, high performance pass-thru diagnostic tool for use with PC
2) Simple packaging with electronics contained inside the cable
3) J2534 and J2534-1 compliant device driver
4) Commercial Range (0 to +70° C)
5) Dimensions: 3″ x 1.75″
6) Cable length: 6 feet
7) Operating Voltage: Bus-powered by USB
8) Mongoose VPW supports GM TIS, SPS, TIS2WEB, and DPS flash reprogramming software
3. Supported List
Bus Protocols supported by the Mongoose MFC for Honda
CAN Bus (capable of ISO 15765, GMLAN, J1939, and ISO14229)
KWP2000 (ISO9141 / ISO14230)
Short to Ground pins 1, 9 and 15
VPP +5 Pin 12
4. Software Options
The DrewTech Mongoose is a USB pass-thru device that utilizes the SAE J2534-1 API. What this means is that the Mangoose uses a standard communications interface to the vehicle, allowing it to work with 3rd party diagnostic applications. Different diagnostics and data logging applications are currently supported by the Mongoose, with more still being added.
5. PCMScan Diagnostics and Data Logging Software
This full version of PCMScan allows viewing, charting, data logging, and playback of diagnostic data in real time. Realistic looking gauges can be moved, resized, and laid out to resemble your own dashboard. Display English or Metric units. Read stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), clear the check engine light, and test emissions related systems.
6. PCMScan running on Mongoose ISO and Mongoose VPW
PCMScan running on Mongoose ISO(M-ISOCAN) or Mongoose VPW(M-VPWCAN) supports all ISO141 import vehicles and all CAN vehicles including all GM vehicles and many Ford, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Volvo, Volkswagen, and many other automaker brands. By 2008 all vehicles on the road will be CAN based and supported by the Mongoose ISO/CAN adapter.
Drew Technologies also provides an application programmer interface (DLL) for OEMs, integrators, or end-users to develop their own PassThru (SAE J2534) applications. Create your own applications in LabVIEW tm, C or Visual Basic.
8. MONGOOSE FOR HONDA Package list:
1) Mongoose vehicle interface
2) Installation CD with device driver (J2534 compatible)